SUN PROTECTIONNow the summer term has started I wanted to tell you about our Sun Protection policy. We have developed this with the help of information from Cancer Research, parents, teachers and pupils to ensure that we can all enjoy the sun safely over the coming months. The sun’s rays are particularly strong over the summer and they can damage children’s skin. This may not seem like a problem right now, but sadly it can lead to skin cancer in later life.
Your child’s health and well-being are very important to us, which is why we:
· spend time learning about the importance of sun protection
· provide sun umbrellas in the courtyard
· are providing more shade on the field
· encourage pupils to wear hats when outside
· encourage pupils to use sunscreen
· encourage pupils to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
More details of these and other sun protection plans can be found in our Sun Protection policy, which can be obtained from the Office.
Of course, your support is very important if we are to make this work. You can help by:
· talking to your child about the importance of sun protection at home
· applying a minimum factor 15 sunscreen to your child’s face, neck, arms and legs (if exposed) before they leave home, in order to safeguard them through the day
· always sending your child to school in a hat (preferably with a wide brim)
· ensuring your child brings in a water bottle (with a sports cap)
N.U.T. STRIKE ACTION
Although many schools in the area will be affected by Thursdays strike action, none of the teachers here will be striking. School will run as normal that day.
SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND CLUBS
Please find attached a copy of this terms school activity sheet for lunchtime and after school clubs.
CYCLE PROFICIENCY HELPERS
Unfortunately we have not had enough parent volunteers for helping with these sessions. If any parents can offer help on any of these dates please contact the office. Lessons will take place from 2.15pm–3.30pm on the following days: Wednesday 7 May, 14 May, 21 May, 11 June, 18 June, 25 June, 2 July.
LARGE COMPUTER TROLLEYS – FREE TO A GOOD HOMEWe have a number of large computer trolleys (currently stored in the Boiler Room) which we no longer have space for. If you would like any please ask at the office.
HALF TERM ACTIVITY CLUB (GAMBRELLE)
Gambrelle are running an activity club at St Michael’s Rooms Tue 27 May – Fri 30 May, from 8am – 6pm. Charges £22 per day / £12.50 per half day. If interested contact them direct on 01728 747877.