Now the summer term has started I wanted to remind you about our Sun Protection policy. The sun’s rays are particularly strong in the summer and they can damage children’s skin, which can sadly lead to skin cancer in later life. Your child’s health and well-being are very important to us, which is why we:
· spend time learning about the importance of sun protection
· provide sun umbrellas in the courtyard and are providing more shade on the field
· encourage pupils to wear hats when outside and to use sunscreen
· encourage pupils to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
More details of these and other sun protection plans can be found in our Sun Protection policy.
Of course, your support is very important if we are to make this work. You can help by:
· talking to your child about the importance of sun protection at home
· applying a minimum factor 15 sunscreen to your child’s face, neck, arms and legs (if exposed) before they leave home, in order to safeguard them through the day
· always sending your child to school in a hat (preferably with a wide brim)
· ensuring your child brings in a water bottle (with a sports cap)
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
The trip for Nursery and Reception will be on Friday 10 July to the Thornham Field Centre.
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES LIST - AMENDMENTS
I apologise that some of the activities listed did not get updated for this term, please note:
· Tuesday Computer Club is for Year 5 only & Thursday Computer Club is for Year 6 only
· Wednesday Orchestra has now moved to the Upstairs Activity Area
· Wednesday Football Club for Year 4 is NOT running this term
· Thursday K’nex Club for Year 2 is NOT running this term
· Thursday Chess Club for Year is NOT running this term
SCHOOL DINNER MENUS
Please note that we are currently unable to access the front page of the school website and the menu on that page is out of date. To see the current menu please go to the school blog and click on ‘School Dinners’ from the list on the right, this will bring up a copy of the menu handed out last term.
CHAIRPERSON FOR THE ‘FRIENDS’
The Friends are still looking for a chairperson to replace Karen Debenham when she leaves at their AGM in September. They are looking for anyone who is enthusiastic about the school, it helps to be organised but there are no special skills required. They don’t have to be a parent - a grandparent or other family member would be great. If you are interested, or know of anyone who may be interested please contact Caroline Miller in the school Office or Mary Whiteley (Vice Chair) on 723640.
AFTER SCHOOL MULTI-SPORTS COURSE
Premier Sport will be running an after school ‘Adventure Sport’ course for Year 3 Pupils, combining the fun of Sport with the achievement of basic skills, where individual progress is the aim. It will run on a Monday from 3.15pm – 4.15pm. Leaflets were given out last week and the course starts today, 28 April. Those who did not apply for a place can still do so. The course runs until 8 June, and costs £18.75. Spare leaflets are available from the office.