Friday 5 July 2013

Gymnastics Success

On Sunday 23rd June, 2013 I entered a gymnastics competition for the whole of East of England. It was called Suffolk Pearls and it was held at Pipers Vale gymnastics club in Ipswich. I competed against 27 girls from Norfolk, Essex, Lincolnshire and Suffolk. We all did gymnastics routines on bars, vault, beam, and floor. My hardest piece was beam because I had to perform a backwards walkover (which is like doing a backwards handstand with your legs in a splits position). This is really difficult because the beam is only 10 cms wide. There were medals for each piece and a trophy for the overall winners. I was really pleased with my results because I got bronze for the vault and bars, gold on the beam and floor and I came first overall, winning the champions trophy.
By Mabel Hill
Class RV