The Pupil Premium Package, also known as PPP, is a Government scheme which will allocate an additional sum of money per eligible child to the school (i.e. those who receive any of the benefits listed below).
In addition to support in the classroom this PPP funding can be spent on YOUR child to cover the costs of:
· attendance at a breakfast club
· subsidised after school clubs and activities
· payments for trips and visits
· subsidised music tuition
· a school sweatshirt
· your child continuing to be eligible for free school meals when they progress to KS2
Those with children in KS1/Foundation will automatically be eligible for the new Government ‘Universal School Meal Scheme’ but if you receive any benefits overleaf, and you do not register via the “Free School Meals” link the school will miss out on this vital funding, and you will miss out on the extras listed above.
If you receive any of the benefits detailed below then PLEASE STILL REGISTER via the FSM link:
The school will handle this sensitively and confidentially, and at no point will other pupils be aware of your child receiving the Pupil Premium Package.
No matter what year your child is in, if you receive any of these benefits detailed below then PLEASE REGISTER for FSM:· Income Support;
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
· Employment Support Allowance (Income related);
· Child Tax Credit, and you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by H M Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
· the Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit;
· support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
· if a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week
Parents can register online, please go to:www.suffolk.gov.uk/education-and-careers/schools-and-support-in-education/free-school-meals/
and click on the link, or follow the link from the PARENT INFORMATION PAGE on our website.
If you need any more information please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0845 606 6173, or ask at the school office.