Friday 7 December 2018

Victorian Visit

On Thursday 6th December 2018, Classes JT and SC went to Christchurch mansion to learn more about life in the Victorian times. 
We experienced what life would have been like as a rich Victorian child living in Christchurch Mansion as part of the Fonnereau family. We dressed up as the Fonnereau children, sketched silhouette images of each other, walked with books balanced on our heads and looked at the beautiful wallpaper and furnishings they had.
We then experienced life downstairs where we dressed up as servants and learnt how to make butter and do the laundry and ironing.

Here's what some of class SC have to say:
Edward - “overall, I would give the trip 10/10, I really enjoyed it”
Issac - “My favourite part was doing the laundry. I learnt that it took a whole week to do the laundry for the family and servants” 
Tommy -“We learnt how to make butter. Kit and I shaped our butter into a football boot!” 
Sofia - “ we did lots of great things that I enjoyed a lot”
Kit - “I have been to Christchurch Mansion many times and I learnt a lot about life as a Victorian”
Tommaso - “I loved going to the museum. We all learnt new things like making butter.”  

Here's what some of class JT have to say:
Rupert- “Yesterday, we went to Christchurch Mansion. My favourite part was when we were the poor people (or servants). We made butter and had to whisk cream until it was buttermilk.”
Megan- “We had to wear servants clothes which were very itchy!”
Matilda- “We had a really fun day, where we got to do lots of different activities in groups.”
Lauren- “I loved the deportment lessons as they were really funny.”
Ryan-“We did some laundry and it was hard work! Nothing like we are used to today.”

There are lots more images on the website gallery.