Now the summer term has started I wanted to remind you about our Sun Protection policy. The sun’s rays are particularly strong in the summer and they can damage children’s skin, which can sadly lead to skin cancer in later life. Your child’s health and well-being are very important to us, which is why we:
· spend time learning about the importance of sun protection
· provide sun umbrellas in the courtyard and are providing more shade on the field
· encourage pupils to wear hats when outside and to use sunscreen
· encourage pupils to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
More details of these and other sun protection plans can be found in our Sun Protection policy.
Of course, your support is very important if we are to make this work. You can help by:
· talking to your child about the importance of sun protection at home
· applying a minimum factor 15 sunscreen to your child’s face, neck, arms and legs (if exposed) before they leave home, in order to safeguard them through the day
· always sending your child to school in a hat (preferably with a wide brim)
· ensuring your child brings in a water bottle (with a sports cap)
As the British weather is so unpredictable can we please ask that children bring a waterproof coat with them as we still like them to go out at breakl/lunch even if the weather is a little wet.
SPECIAL MAY DAY LUNCH
SCC catering are having a special May Day lunch on Tuesday 4 May, menus are in the classrooms.
SCHOOL DINNER MENUS
To see the NEW MENU please go to the school blog and click on ‘School Dinners’ from the list on the right, this will bring up a copy of the menu handed out last term.
CHANGES TO DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
· The Leavers’ Service is now on Wednesday 21 July at 11am, not on Tuesday 20 July. Parents of Year 6 are invited with classes RV, DB/GM, NS/JB, GH, and siblings of Year 6 Pupils.
· Due to a cricket tournament we have to change the Share Session for RV & DBGM to Thursday 1 July, with a reserve date of Wednesday 6 July.
EASTER CAKE STALL
The Friends would like to say a big ‘Thank You’ to the families of classes DB/GM and RV for the cakes they baked for the end of term cake stall. We are delighted to advise you that it raised a whopping £133!
SCHOOLS: A VARIED WORKPLACE – WEDS 5 MAY 3.30-5.30pm KESGRAVE HIGH SCHOOL
Are you interested in working in a school? Would you like to find out more about the wide variety of support roles available in schools today? If so, please come along to our informal information event. To register an interest please email or call Jenny Ellis on 01473 618995 firstname.lastname@example.org
WELL BEING DROP-IN SESSIONS AT SAXMUNDHAM LIBRARY
Health professionals for mental health and well being are available fortnightly at Saxmundham Library from Friday 23 April 10am – 12noon. If you, or someone you know would like to chat confidentially please do pop in. For further information call 01473 264014.
Please find attached a copy of this term’s School Activity Club dates. Please note: Y4 Football with Mr Byer on Wednesday lunchtime will only run for 2 more weeks - 28 April and 5 May. The new Y3/4 Cricket club is due to start on Monday 10 May – a letter will be given out before then.