Wednesday 5 January 2011

A letter from Mrs Picton

Dear Parents/Carers and Children,

I am delighted to have been appointed as Headteacher of Sir Robert Hitcham’s CEVAP School. I feel that I have the best job in the world: helping children develop into wonderful young people who can make their way in the world full of confidence.

As a parent I have long known Sir Robert Hitcham’s to be a school where children, staff and Governors work together to make a wonderful, caring environment and a place where people are welcomed and nurtured as individuals. As a visitor over the last two terms I have found hard work and positive attitudes with children clearly engaged in their lessons. It is clear how much you love and respect your school and I am very excited to have been given the opportunity to lead it.

I firmly believe in family. I believe in the ‘triangle of care’ where school and family work together with children to ensure that they feel safe and valued. I believe that we should respect each other, learn from one another, and include everyone. I believe that our children should be able to go into the world secure in those values that are at the heart of a Christian family school. I intend to build on the achievements of Mrs Elphick and her team and hope that together we can continue to develop this successful school in a way that children- regardless of their differences- are safe, happy, confident, and able to achieve success.

I look forward to working with the whole school community- children, parents, local people and organisations, and of course our wonderful team of staff and Governors. My aim is to make Sir Robert Hitcham’s outstanding in every way, and I know we can do it if we work together. To that end I would encourage you to speak to me when you can, to share your thoughts and ideas. I believe that all our children deserve the very best.

I look forward to meeting you and working with you.

Kind regards,

Mrs H Picton