Monday 22 July 2019

Retiring Deputy Head Teacher ~ 25 Years at our school

Here’s the story from our retiring Deputy Head Teacher - Mrs Jane Colchester - who sadly leaves us at the end of term: 

"Coming from the East End of London to leafy Suffolk was a bit of a culture shock but a very pleasant one.  It is with mixed emotions that I “hang up my boots” after 25 years at Sir Robert Hitcham’s primary school.
“Give it two years and see how it goes” a friend said and here I still am – somehow Framlingham inveigled its way into my heart and there it has stayed.
I have been very fortunate to work with inspirational colleagues, dedicated governors and a hardworking group of ‘Friends of the School’. The local community, the villages and Churches too have supported and enriched my experience.  But at the centre of everything have been the children I have taught.  There have been challenges but rich rewards in seeing children achieve and flourish.  It is lovely to hear how past pupils have fared and what they are doing.
As deputy head I have been lucky enough to have the best class in the school every year too.
Recently teaching some of the children of pupils I taught when I first came to Sir Robert Hitcham’s has been a real pleasure but also reminded me how time has flown, as it always does when you have fun."

The Headteacher and staff team at the school will miss Jane’s experience and dedication and send her heartfelt wishes to enjoy her retirement.



Mrs Colchester enjoying her new garden seat - which was one of her retirement (& long service award) gifts, along with some lovely cushions and garden vouchers, book tokens, an afternoon tea treat and more!  Donations came from Staff, ex-staff, Governors and Parents - Mrs Colchester was delighted & overwhelmed by the generosity.