Thursday 17 October 2024

SHORTBREAD OR MATHS ?


Class JA were rather excited when a shortbread tin appeared in their maths lesson but a bit disappointed when it did not contain biscuits. However, they were soon smiling again when they discovered that the tin contained dice for a maths game they were going to play in pairs. The class were great fun to work with as they supported each other and were very industrious when generating four digit numbers to subtract from given four digit numbers. Furthermore, they were keen to check their answers after estimating what the answer might be. We were very pleased with the children's use of mathematical language as they discussed their work.

Overall: 

" it was really fun"

" we got to use dice to generate and explore bigger numbers. I rounded up or down to get the correct answer, after I had estimated it"

" I liked working in my pair as it was fun to work with a different person; they made it fun."

" I have become more confident at column subtraction and exchanging. My working out was accurate too"

Very well done everybody.